Fibromyalgia For Dummies
Your easy-to-follow guide to the latest research, treatments, and medications!
The pain you suffer from fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) is not in your imagination. FMS is a real medical problem that can be as debilitating and demoralizing as it is mysterious. Fibromyalgia For Dummies, Second Edition, brings you the latest scientific findings on the symptoms and causes of this disease and guides you toward proven, practical steps you can take reduce or eliminate FMS-related pain.
This plain-English guide is fully updated with the latest fibromyalgia treatment options, and evaluations of new medications that have shown great promise in reducing pain.
- Identify your FMS trigger points
- Cope with chronic pain and sleep problems
- Find medications that work for you
- Locate a physician who can really help you
- Make healing lifestyle changes
- Use hands-on therapies to alleviate pain
- Find effective over-the-counter and prescription medications
- Choose among alternative therapies and treatments
- Reduce the emotional distress caused by FMS
- Help a child with FMS
Featuring moving and inspiring stories from fellow FMS sufferers who share their stories and offer invaluable tips on working your way back to wellness, Fibromyalgia for Dummies, Second Edition offers serious and sensitive guidance to help you overcome FMS and start being yourself again.
About Roland Staud
Reviews for Fibromyalgia For Dummies