1 - ORDER PROCESS
Simple Search: To search for a book on our website you can enter the Title, Author, ISBN, or keyword into the main search panel at the top of the screen. You will be presented with a list of available items. If you do not get any results this may be because the item is not presently in stock or that you have incorrectly entered the search term. Check your spelling and try again.
Advanced Search: Click on the ‘Advanced Search’ link under the main search box at the top of the screen. The Advanced Search allows you to enter different criteria such as author, title, publisher.
Filter Your Results: If your search returns too many results, you can ‘refine your search’ by different criteria in order to return fewer more relevant titles.
To the right of each book there is an Add to Cart icon. When you wish to purchase an item, click this icon and it will be added to your website shopping cart. A summary of the items in your cart is displayed on the left hand side of the page along with the total cost of your order. Click ‘View Cart’ to review the contents or your cart and/or amend your order.
When you have made your selections, you will need to finalize your order by completing the Checkout process.
- Click on ‘View Cart/Checkout’
- Confirm items and quantities: The quantity is automatically set to 1 you can increase this if. – you can increase this figure if you wish. You can also remove any item from the cart by clicking ‘Remove’. When you are happy with the total quantities and value of your order, click ‘Checkout’
- Shipping information: Enter the address to which the book(s) will be shipped. If your billing address is different to the shipping address, you will need to enter the billing address details also.
- Credit/Debit Card Information: Enter your credit/debit card information.
- ‘Save My Details....’ Note that you can choose to ‘Save my details for next order’. If you tick this box, future orders are very straightforward – the only two pieces of information you will need a. your login password and b. your CV2 (3 digit security number on the reverse of some credit cards).
What credit/debit cards can I use?
You can use a number of popular credit cards such as Visa and Mastercard.
Extremely safe. We work in partnership with two major banks to ensure that all of your details are safe and secure. When you enter your credit card number on the site, it is encrypted before being stored, so it is not visible to any computer users. For additional security, we do not store the CV2 number and a transaction cannot be completed without it.
Yes, however items in your cart may still go out of stock if you don’t complete the purchase while the book is available, ie. items in your cart are not reserved.
2 – SHIPPING OF ORDERS
Once your order has been confirmed and payment received, your order will then be processed. The book will be located by our staff, packaged and despatched to you as quickly as possible. You will receive an email confirmation when your books have been sent.
In addition to selling our books on our own site, Kennys.ie, we also offer our books for sale on various web portals such as Amazon.com , Abebooks.com and others. This means that occasionally a book listed as available may have recently sold to another customer and the systems did not fully update before a second order for the same item was received. Kennys make every effort to ensure our listings are accurate but discrepancies can occur. We fulfil almost 100% of orders received but, unfortunately, a small percentage of books have already shipped to another customer or cannot be located in the warehouse.
All orders placed on Kennys.ie are free within Ireland regardless of the value or size. Items shipped to USA are €9.50 per item. Items shipped elsewhere are €1 per item. All orders are sent by standard national and international mail.
When you order a book on Kennys.ie, it will be shipped directly from the warehouse where it is held to your address.
The information sheet you receive with your order will provide a return address to send any damaged, faulty or incorrect items to. You can indicate if you would like a refund or a replacement. Please note that it will not always be possible to ‘replace’ exactly a secondhand or rare item.
3 – TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES
These are files used by many websites to store information. In the case of our site, the books you put in your shopping cart are filed in your cookie until you complete your order. If your web browser is blocking cookies, you can access our cart in the following way:
- If you are using Internet Explorer, go to "Tools --> Internet Options" and click on the "Privacy" tab. Change your privacy settings to "Medium-High".
- If you are using Google Chrome
- A. Click the 3 horizontal lines icon on the far right of the Address bar.
- B. Click on Settings, scroll to the bottom and click the Show Advanced Settings link.
- C. Click on Change proxy settings.
- D. Click the Security tab > Trusted Sites icon, then click Sites.
- E. Enter the URL ( ) of your Trusted Site, then click Add.
- If you are using Firefox, go to "Tools --> Options" and click on the "Privacy" tab. Click on the "Cookies" section and then the "Exceptions" button. Add the address https://www.kennys.ie and click the "Allow" button.
- If you are using Netscape, go to "Tools --> Cookie Manager" while you are in our shopping cart, and click on "Allow cookies from this site".
- If you are using Opera, go to "Tools --> Cookies", click on "bookshop.kennys.ie", press "Edit" and make sure that "Accept cookies for server/domain" is ticked.
- Click on the “Safari-menu” in Safari. Click on the “Preferences... “ item in the menu - a new window opens. Click on the “Security” icon near the top of the window. Under “Accept Cookies” the “Always” or “Only from sites you navigate to” must be selected. Save changes by clicking “Ok” and go to one of the configuration pages again
Alternatively, there may have been some unforeseen problem with our cookie.
4- ABOUT US
Liosbán Retail Park
T: + 353 91 709350