Introduction to Ore-Forming Processes
A comprehensive account of ore-forming processes, revised and updated
The revised second edition of Introduction to Ore-Forming Processes offers a guide to the multiplicity of geological processes that result in the formation of mineral deposits. The second edition has been updated to reflect the most recent developments in the study of metallogeny and earth system science.
This second edition contains new information about global tectonic processes and crustal evolution that continues to influence the practice of economic geology and maintains the supply of natural resources in a responsible and sustainable way. The replenishment of depleted natural resources is becoming more difficult and
- Provides an updated guide to the processes involved in the formation of mineral deposits
- Offers an overview of magmatic, hydrothermal and sedimentary ore-forming processes
- Covers the entire range of mineral deposit types, including the fossil fuels and supergene ores
- Relates metallogeny to global tectonics by examining the distribution of mineral deposits in space and time
- Contains examples of world famous ore deposits that help to provide context and relevance to the process-oriented descriptions of ore genesis
Written for students and professionals alike, Introduction to Ore-Forming Processes offers a revised second edition that puts the focus on the fact that mineral deposits are simply one of the many natural wonders of geological process and evolution.
About Laurence Robb
Reviews for Introduction to Ore-Forming Processes