Practical Guide to ICP-MS: A Tutorial for Beginners, Third Edition
Written by a field insider with over 20 years experience in product development, application support, and field marketing for an ICP-MS manufacturer, the third edition of Practical Guide to ICP-MS: A Tutorial for Beginners provides an updated reference that was written specifically with the novice in mind. It presents a compelling story about ICP-MS and what it has to offer, showing this powerful ultra trace-element technique in the way it was intended—a practical solution to real-world problems.
New to the third edition:
- New chapter: Emerging ICP-MS Application Areas – covers the three most rapidly growing areas: analysis of
- Discussion of all the new technology commercialized since the second edition.
- An updated glossary of terms with more than 100 new entries
- Examination of nonstandard sampling accessories, which are important for enhancing the practical capabilities of ICP-MS
- Insight into additional applications in the environmental, clinical/biomedical, and food chemistry fields as well as new directives from the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) on determining impurities in pharmaceuticals and dietary supplements using Chapters <232>, <233> and <2232>
- Description of the most important analytical factors for selecting an ICP-MS system, taking into consideration more recent application demands
This reference describes the principles and application benefits of ICP-MS in a clear manner for laboratory managers, analytical chemists, and technicians who have limited knowledge of the technique. In addition, it offers much-needed guidance on how best to evaluate capabilities and compare with other trace element techniques when looking to purchase commercial ICP-MS instrumentation.
About Robert Thomas
Reviews for Practical Guide to ICP-MS: A Tutorial for Beginners, Third Edition