Irish Writers - Edna O'Brien
Edna O'Brien was born in Co Clare. Her novels include:
- The Country Girls (1960)
- The Lonely Girl (London, Jonathan Cape, 1962 - published in paperback as Girl With Green Eyes, London, Penguin Books, 1964)
- Girls in their Married Bliss (Jonathan Cape, 1963)
- August is a Wicked Month (1964)
- Casualties of Peace (Jonathan Cape 1966)
- A Pagan Place (1971)
- Zee & Co. (1971)
- Night (Weidenfeld & Nicolson, London, 1972)
- The High Road
- Time and Tide
House of Splendid Isolation
- Down by the River
- Wild December (London, Weidenfeld & Nicholson, 1999)
- James Joyce (August 2000)
Her short stories include
Her plays are A Pagan Place (London, Faber & Faber 1973 ); Virginia; and Beloved; and an adaptation of Iphigenia written especially for the Crucible Stage in Sheffield (2003).
She has received many awards, including that of the Los Angeles Times; Writers' Guild of Great Britain; European Literature Prize (1995); and the Italia Prima Cavour.
She is a member of Aosdána, and lives in London.
Click here to view all our books by Edna O'Brien